Saturday, May 5, 2018

Beautiful Day

You could probably count on the fingers of one hand how often I've posted a card as simple as todays.  But, you know, the old adage 'less is more' is often right and it certainly is with this card. It began as a desire to use some of the new in colours for 2018-2020 and although I originally intended to add some dsp, once I got this far I knew instinctively that nothing else was needed.

And I love it. It's definitely simple but it's also bright and cheerful and reminds me that in every day there is beauty of one kind or another. Today's beauty was in helping my very stressed uni student daughter organise a few things so she could be in a better frame of mind to work on all her assignments.



I stamped the flower and sentiment first, colouring using a blender pen and Lovely Lipstick ink, then went over the petals with a Versamark pen and clear embossed. This ensured the flowers would keep their colour when I sponged using Pineapple Punch ink.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Love What You Do
  • card - whisper white
  • other - mounting tape, blender pen, sponge


I hope you found some beauty in your day today. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

OMG, very simple but of course you nailed it. The in colours are certainly very pretty. Yes beauty is all around us we just need to stop and see. Hope your DD is less stressed