Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Just Me and My 'Connies'

If I'm being honest, I would have to admit there have been advantages to having been forced into retirement; one of those being that I get to spend most of my days in casual clothes. Hand-in-hand with that is having reached "that age" where I mostly choose my footwear for comfort rather than fashion (yes, it pains me to admit it, but it can no longer be denied) - and thus, enter my favourite shoes: my red Converse sneakers. (Not that they're not fashionable, cos they are, but they're not office attire!) These factors are a large part, I'm guessing, of the appeal that the SAB stamp set Epic Celebrations holds for me. I simply cannot resist those sneakers!

So yesterday I happened to be at my friend Robbie's house and she just happened to let me have a play with her new Brushos, and then I just happened to get a brand spanking new Stamparatus - and yeah, okay - Houston, we have a card. (Unfortunately, I also just happened to not notice my stamping was a bit crooked until the card was finished. Ho hum. At least the recipient probably won't notice.) Here tis:


Materials used:

  • stamps - Epic Celebrations
  • card - pumpkin pie, basic black, watercolour
  • other - Stamparatus, layered circles dies, Big Shot, Dimensionals, aqua painter, Brushos, water spritzer

Are you loving it? Me too. This'll go into the pile for DD25 to give to her students - which is a wonderful excuse for me to make kid cards and teen cards now that both my daughters are too old for such things! Well, until they start giving me grandbabies, that is (lol).

I hope you have the chance to have a play in your craft area today. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

WOW = great card. The background is stunning for the converse.. Love the repeat sentiment. I would give that card to my eldest son or his wife, they are huge converse wearers and they're in their 30's.