Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Beautiful You

One of the stamp sets that appealed to me most in the new Occasions catty is a simple, pencil-line sketch set called Beautiful You. It reminds me a lot of a set we had years ago called Seaside Sketches, and it has the same evocative imagery that really calls to me. So naturally it was in my pre-order and yesterday I made my first couple of cards with it.

Firstly some fun with the new watercolour pencils and a colour combination that until a few years ago I never would have thought of combining.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Beautiful You
  • card - rose red, pumpkin pie, watercolour
  • other - watercolour pencils, aqua painter

The second image is to me very reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn's iconic pose from Breakfast at Tiffany's, so I wanted to colour the dress black. Melon mambo has come to the fore again as the contrast and this time I've put the sentiment inside - it reads 'Life looks beautiful on you' so is great for birthdays.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Beautiful You
  • card - basic black, melon mambo, watercolour, retired dsp, whisper white
  • other - layering ovals framelits, Big Shot, dimensionals, watercolour pencils, aqua painter

I'm having such fun playing with new product - more coming again soon. Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

No comments: