Thursday, January 15, 2015

Triple Layer Butterfly

A nice big brown box arrived on my doorstep yesterday so this morning I was excited to sit and play. I was dying to try out the beautifully ethereal Butterfly Basics stamp set and matching dies from the Occasions catalogue and this is what I ended up with for my first effort.


My three layers of butterfly are in gradient shades; I used pool party, coastal cabana and Bermuda bay. As with all delicate dies, you need to use some wax paper between the card and the die and I also ran it back and forth a couple of times in my Big Shot to make sure I got a good cut. That made it super-easy to remove all the little bits.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Butterfly Basics
  • card - blackberry bliss, Sahara sand, pool party, coastal cabana, Bermuda bay
  • ink - Sahara sand, blackberry bliss
  • other - butterfly thinlits, Big Shot, rhinestones, dimensionals, wax paper, embossing stylus

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Kathryn Brennan said...

This butterfly card is gorgeous!