Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Month And A Day

It had to happen eventually, I know, but it sure does seem to have come around awfully fast - the last of our Christmas stamp-a-stack classes, that is. With only a month and a day until Christmas itself (scary thought, let's not go there!), it's time to get these bad boys written, addressed and in the mail!

Our first card is one I made last year when I was on the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew design team and my ladies love it so much they wanted to re-create it. Using non-traditional colours, this was a CASE of a lovely card by Mel Sharp of Melbourne. Here tis:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Four the Holidays, Christmas Collectibles
  • card - basic black, very vanilla
  • other - holiday ornaments framelits, pearls, Big Shot, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, embroidery thread (non SU)

Our second card is newly designed and inspired by a couple of cards around the www. It uses one of our new photopolymer sets and I really did love being able to see exactly where I was stamping. I used my aqua painter to brush an ink wash for the sky, then when that was dry, coloured the cardinal and trees using markers - fast and easy! To me, the Decorative Dots embossing reflects the snow falling effect, although DD16 disagreed! What do you think?


Materials used:
  • stamps - White Christmas
  • card - basic black, watercolour, whisper white, Baja breeze
  • other - pennant punch, bakers twine, aqua painter, dimensionals, real red and crumb cake markers, on film framelits, Big Shot, decorative dots embossing folder

We only have one more class this year and our annual Christmas Dinner to look forward to - and this year I have challenged my ladies to make a decoration for home or tree. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

Meanwhile, we'll be toiling in the heat today - we are expecting 39 degrees Celsius today! Might be kinda nice to be making a winter-themed card! Lol!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Stunning as per usual Kerry. Love the ornament and the snowy one rocks (yes...totally ironic on a day like today when at 11.30AM is is 39.7degs here in Eastwood!!!!)Pfft to DD16....I think the dots/snow thing is right on!!! (sorry DD16) ooxx