Saturday, July 26, 2014

Christmas In July

Tomorrow we begin our Christmas card stamp-a-stack classes, making 10 cards each month from July-October. I decided to begin with some soft pastel cards and our first uses pool party with crumb cake, very vanilla and a touch of soft suede.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Snow Swirled (retired)
  • card - pool party, crumb cake, very vanilla
  • other - embossing folder, dimensionals, holiday framelits, Big Shot
  • non SU - ribbon, hot glue gun

The baubles were embossed after inking the embossing folder with pool party ink to achieve this gorgeously elegant, vintage look. 

Our second design involves some watercolouring, so I limited it to four colours and kept the background very simple - when making 5 of these, we don't want it to be too time-consuming.


Materials used:
  • stamps - House Mouse, SU Christmas greeting
  • card - pistachio pudding, crumb cake, watercolour, whisper white, strawberry slush patterned paper
  • other - aqua painter, dimensionals, markers, banner punch, stylish stripes embossing folder, Big Shot

I bought my first Christmas present last week, so I am certainly starting to gear up for the holiday already! LOL

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Oh Kez....I so love your cards so v v much. They rock. I esp love the bauble one. ooxx