Friday, July 11, 2014

Ah, Memories!

When I first began my teaching career (many moons ago), I taught typing on the old manual typewriters - today's youngsters probably don't even know what they are! But one of the new stamp sets in our 2014 catalogue sent me down Memory Lane and I just had to add it to my "must have" list.

This card was inspired by Allison Kamitsu. I have used new in colours blackberry bliss and hello honey along with Sahara sand and whisper white.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Tap, Tap, Tap
  • card - blackberry bliss, hello honey, Sahara sand, whisper white, Moonlight paper stack
  • other - cute clips, stamp-a-ma-jig, clear embossing powder, white embossing powder, heat tool, pennant punch, owl punch, dimensionals, alphabet press embossing folder, Big Shot

The other card I have made is a real labour of love. I just adore the Girlfriends range of stamps from Art Impressions and as my SIL and I are both avid movie-goers, I simply couldn't resist getting At The Movies. Inspired by Sue Kment, this hybrid centre-step card was soooooo much fun to create.



Aren't they gorgeous? There are two layers on the 3D glasses and the seats and this card has the honour of being my best yet, according to my husband.

Materials used:
  • stamps - That's the Ticket (SU), At the Movies (AI)
  • card - basic black, watercolour, riding hood red, silver glitter, blue glitter
  • other - digital images, dimensionals, aqua painter, small star punch (retired), mini star punch, markers, inks

Now, speaking of movies, I never got around to showing you the AMAZING item my afore-mentioned SIL made me at Christmas. As a family we always see a movie on Boxing Day and last Xmas our choice was The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. My SIL gave me some "movie cash" as a gift and made a small cinema-in-a-box to package it in! Check it out in the following photos - here's the view from the front with the box open to see the screen, curtains (real fabric) and row of seats:


Here you can see the detail for the seats - she even cut hand rests!


Is that incredible or what? I was totally blown away by it, I can tell you!

Well, that's all for today. Back soon with the first of this year's Christmas cards.
Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your Girlfriends card is absolutely gorgeous!! Love it !!! what a great work of art!
Mary