Monday, January 6, 2014

Oh Happy Day

Excitement this morning when my pre-order from the new Occasions catalogue arrived at my door! Once I had unpacked my new stuff, I couldn't wait to sit and play to see if the ideas floating around in my head would work with real stamps and paper!

First up a bright and cheerful centre-step birthday card using lots of new goodies - stamps, designer series paper, framelits dies, punch and embossing folder. Here tis:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Starburst Sayings, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
  • card - so saffron, coastal cabana, very vanilla, Retro Fresh dsp
  • other - starburst framelits, Big Shot, arrows embossing folder, pool party baker's twine, tangerine tango button (retired SAB), dimensionals, banner punch (SAB)
  • non SU - balloon punch

Love the colour combination in this dsp.

I also like the new High Tide dsp but am not that keen on the co-ordinating stamp set, so I've used a delightful Mo Manning digital image with the papers to make this masculine card:


Materials used:
  • non SU stamp - Captain Hugh (Mo Manning)
  • card - soft sky, Pacific point, whisper white, summer starfruit, watercolour
  • other - banner punch (SAB), computer and printer (sentiment)

It felt really good to be back in my craft room again so I think I'm going to have to do it again real soon!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

These are great sneak peeks Kez. I can't wait for my pre-order to get here, probably another few days. Have fun playing with your new toys!

Margaret said...

Both of these are great!I am kicking myself for not ordering the starburst set!!