Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December Creative Crew Challenge - Holiday Focus

This month's Holiday Focus is National Chocolate Day on Dec 24th - seems to be tailor-made for me! I particularly love the wording of this challenge - "While eating the best chocolate you can find, make a card using chocolate chip on it. If you CASEd someone fabulous, give credit to this wonderful stamper."

I took those instructions very seriously and while I was gobbling down chocolate creating, channelled the creative genius of not one, but two wonderful crafters. I loved on sight Jackie Topa's little Lindor elf and wanted immediately to combine it with the brilliant idea of Michelle Surette to make a slight alteration to one of my favourite Christmas greetings.

So here's my project, which uses both chocolate and chocolate chip!


Materials used:
  • stamps and dsp - Merry Little Christmas designer kit (MDS)
  • card - chocolate chip, whisper white, real red, blush blossom
  • punches - pennant, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Merry Minis Ornament, Owl Builder, Word Window, Small Oval, Small Scallop Circle
  • other - chalk talk framelits, bitty banners framelits, Big Shot, stylish stripes embossing folder, sponge dauber, dimensionals

Here's a closer look - first little Alfie:


Punches used: word window, small scallop circle, small oval, pennant, itty bitty, owl, merry minis.

And the card:


Please note that no Lindor chocolates were harmed during the making of this project (I made sure they didn't feel any pain!!!!!)

Thanks for calling in today - why not visit the Creative Crew Challenge Gallery at SCS and see what other chocolate delights await you!

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Margaret said...

LOVE this!! The little elf and coordinating card are wonderful!!

I've found that if you pop the whole Lindor in your mouth at once, they don't feel a thing. Gotta eat humanely!

Mel Sharp said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous! I know what I'm going to be playing with tonight!!!

Kathryn Brennan said...

Sooo cute.