Friday, November 1, 2013

Creative Crew November Challenges - DSP Focus

With the northern hemisphere firmly in Fall/Autumn and cooler weather, the DSP focus this month is Sweater Weather. The colours are chocolate chip, crushed curry, soft sky, Sahara sand and tangerine tango and we are to show them "getting happy together".

For my project I chose to make a hybrid 8" x 8" scrapbook layout using a family photo taken last year in the cooler weather. I changed the colour photo to sepia tones to better fit with the colour focus and so it wouldn't compete with the other elements on my page. Here tis:



Materials used:
  • stamps - Fantabulous You (MDS)
  • card - Sweater Weather dsp (MDS), chocolate chip, very vanilla, soft sky
  • other - timeless type alphabet dies, Big Shot, hexagon punch, dimensionals, two-way glue pen

Tips:
  1. The sentiment from Fantabulous You actually read 'I love you to infinity and beyond' so I coloured the 'I' in soft sky so it wouldn't show on the background paper of the same colour.
  2. I chose 8" x 8" for my layout size as it fits on an A4 sheet of paper, meaning I could print it out myself. Once I had created the layout in MDS, I exported it as a jpeg file and printed it onto SU's very vanilla paper using "best" quality print.
Why not visit the Creative Crew Challenges gallery over at SCS and see what the rest of the design team came up with to inspire you? 

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I so love this pic of all of you.....the page is the perfect frame. Beautifully done darl. ooxx