Monday, November 4, 2013

Creative Crew November Challenge - Scrapbook Focus

This month we are to journey down Memory Lane and create a scrapbook page or 3D item showcasing a favourite childhood memory.

Growing up on air force bases in New Zealand, one of the things I really loved doing was attending the base cinema for a Saturday afternoon matinee. Many Saturdays would see my brothers and I watching old war movies, Disney classics or whatever else they were running. (I think my mum really enjoyed the break!) In those days we had to stand before the movie started while they played 'God Save the Queen' - if you're old enough to remember that, you've probably got as many grey hairs as me!

It used to cost us 10c for a ticket and we would have 5c to spend at the Candy Bar - and 5c bought a lot of lollies in those days! Sherbet bags with licorice straws were one of my favourites, especially the lemon flavour.

Ah memories! Anyway, here is the layout I created in MDS. I Googled movie posters to use and the movie reel and ticket images are non SU.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Schoolbook Serif Alphabet (MDS)
  • punches - star (MDS)
  • card - Sahara sand (MDS)

I hope you've enjoyed my trip down memory lane and my challenge projects for this month. Do visit Splitcoaststampers to see what the other design team members came up with and of course, we would love you to take part in a challenge or two along with us.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

No comments: