Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Oh What Fun!

Our September Christmas stamp-a-stack cards showcase my fav new Xmas sentiment set, Christmas Messages. And just for my dear SIL, who loves Greeting Card Kids, we will be using that for our first card which also features some of the new Winter Frost dsp from the Holiday catalogue. I'm really pleased with how this one turned out - the soft colours really appeal to me.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Greeting Card Kids (retired), Christmas Messages
  • card - pool party, smoky slate, whisper white, Winter Frost dsp
  • inks - coastal cabana, smoky slate, blush blossom, so saffron, pear pizzazz, Bermuda bay
  • other - dimensionals, blender pen, Big Shot, Sahara sand marker
  • non SU - corner rounder punch, snowflake embossing folder, circle and scallop circle dies

When I first saw the papers we are using for the next card I was immediately struck by two things: (1) the holly pattern would fit perfectly with this sentiment stamp, and (2) the colours in the paper match SU colours always artichoke and bravo burgundy absolutely perfectly. Given that, I couldn't possibly resist using it, now could I? Here's our second SAS card for this month:


And as my wonderful new magnetic platform and the envelope liner dies arrived the day I was cutting up, I just HAD to make matching envelopes!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Christmas Messages, Bells and Boughs
  • card - always artichoke, whisper white, bravo burgundy
  • other - chalk talk dies, Big Shot, dimensionals, sponge daubers, envelope liner die
  • non SU - Farmhouse Paper Co dsp Norland, burgundy pearl brads, holly punch 

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Lovely cards Kez. Just received my Winter Frost papers - love the colours and can't wait to play.

Lynda said...

2 delicious cards darl...but the 2nd one has taken me so v v much. Hope you have a ball with all this festive creatin'. ooxx

Rob I said...

Gorgeous cards. Yes the holly paper is beautiful

Margaret said...

Both cards are beautiful and the envelope liners look great!