Saturday, April 6, 2013

My First SU Hybrid

There hasn't been much time for crafting recently, but I finally got to have a play and made my very first SU hybrid card - ie a card that incorporates digital designing (using MDS) with traditional card and ink.

Here tis:

I used MDS for the designer paper and stamps and was able to resize the sentiments and the plane to suit my needs. The rest is "real" card, embellishments etc. I added some crystal effects over the plane image to give it a bit more dimension and you can see that better in this second photo:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Daring Adventure (MDS)
  • card - basic black, basic grey, very vanilla, designer paper from MDS
  • other - apothecary accents die, Big Shot, jumbo metal brads, crop-o-dile, crystal accents, dimensionals

So what do you think? Would love to hear from you, especially if you are in two minds about the whole digital stamping thing.

Thanks for flying by (lol).

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Linda Kilsdonk said...

I simply LOVE it! You did an awesome job! Creating hybrid cards with MDS is one of my favorite things to do!

Lynda said...

I am def fence sitting....perhaps if I was more computer savvy....dunno. The results however Kez are BRILLIANT!!! Love the orange and black in this. ooxx

Margaret said...

Love this one too! You are rockin' the hybrid cards, girl!