Sunday, January 6, 2013

Time And Relative Dimension In Space

If you ever watched television growing up - no matter how young or old you are - you probably know that Time And Relative Dimension In Space is the full title of the time machine/spacecraft that Dr Who travels around in - the TARDIS.

Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton were the Doctors during my formative years and the Daleks were the main enemy. Now the Doctor has a whole new following and my two daughters are among them; DD14 initiated her elder sister just before Christmas and now she is hooked as well!

So of course when I saw that one of the new Sale-a-bration sets this year included a phone box which can be easily made to look like a police call box, naturally Dr Who's TARDIS came immediately to mind! And I'm not the only one - a few of my fellow demos had the same idea and there are some TARDIS cards around already.

One of these I have cased for my first card as DD and I both loved it. Joan Robertson used ribbons for her "Union Jack" stripes but I used card for mine, and as we didn't get the wonderful Keep Calm stamp set here in Australia (thanks SU) I typed my sentiment on the computer. Here tis:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Feeling Sentimental (SAB)
  • card - basic black, Pacific point, real red, whisper white, watercolour
  • other - aqua painter, dimensionals, computer and printer

The sentiment was requested by DD14 - "humany-wumany" is a phrase that Matt Smith's Dr Who uses occasionally, so she tells me!

My second TARDIS card uses another SAB set as well called Vintage Verses and I think this particular sentiment suited the card perfectly. I like the simplicity of this one and think it would make a perfect masculine card:


Materials used:
  • stamps - Feeling Sentimental (SAB), Vintage Verses (SAB)
  • card - watercolour, confetti cream
  • other - aqua painter, dimensionals, sponge dauber

You can get your hands on the TARDIS stamp set for your own Dr Who fans from the 21st of this month - one free item for every $100 of product you order (before shipping). And if you don't already have your own demo, my contact details are over on the right!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez


3 comments:

Lynda said...

So much fun Kez. DH's niece (Miss 12) is a MASSIVE Dr Who fan. I missed all that but I can still appreciate a good homage to an icon...and your 2 I very much appreciate. Brilliant job sweetie. ooxx

Margaret said...

Both of these are great and I love how you made that stamp set so personal!

Joan Robertson said...

Thank you for the shout out and I love your cards!