Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bee My Honey(comb)

I am simply LOVING the honeycomb embossing folder - just one of the many gorgeous new goodies coming in the Seasonal Catalogue next month - and have been making a few cards to show its versatility.

First up a literal use (ie) using it actually as a honeycomb!


 Materials used:
  • stamps - Just Buzzing By (retired)
  • card - pool party, whisper white, daffodil delight and calypso coral patterned papers, pool party core'dinations card
  • other - windows framelit, Big Shot, dimensionals, honeycomb E/F, sanding block, pool party button (SAB), calypso coral ribbon (last year's SAB), paper doily, blender pen, markers

Next a more general use as a background for a simple but sweet birthday card.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Perfect Punches
  • card - island indigo, whisper white, Sycamore St dsp (SAB), tangerine tango, Summer starfruit
  • other - honeycomb E/F, Big Shot, square punch, wide oval punch, decorative label punch, itty bitty punch, pearl, dimensionals

And lastly a patchwork-style card.


Materials used:
  • Word Play
  • card - pink pirouette, whisper white, riding hood red, Twitterpated dsp
  • other - triple heart punch, button, bakers twine, dimensionals, Baja breeze pleated ribbon (retired), sponge dauber
  • non SU - nestabilities die

Now you can see why I love this folder so much! Thanks for calling in - and I hope you are coping with the heat, if you're here in Aus.

Cheers
Kez

7 comments:

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Lovely cards Kerry! I can't wait for the new mini and Sale-a-bration to start :)

Lynda said...

I too am hankering for this honeycomb EF too BADLY. I love all ur cards darl...sooooo much fun to be had with this!!!
The heat was awful...wherever you were I think...I am liking v much the cooler weather of the past few days.
Beautiful work. ooxx

Rob I said...

So gorgeous - I do wish that the bee stamp set was still available to use with the folder. Your 3rd card with the patchwork style is stunning

Kathryn Brennan said...

Fantastic. I had my eye on the honeycomb folder too. Only I may need to purchase a contraption in which to use it!

Margaret said...

Kerry, these are fabulous!! I think the last is my favorite, although I can't imagine the cutting you had to do to make this!!
Don't you just LOVE the core'dinations paper?!

Vikki Jo said...

LOVE your cards!! Seriously, you gotta tell me how you did that with the DSP. It looks so perfect. Mine looks hand cut :( YUCK

Paula Evans said...

Kerry, I had pinned this card and was checking my pins to see what would inspire me. I love the colors and have that HB stamp. I love the way you incorporate older SU stamp sets with the newer items. Thanks for your inspiration. I'm from Virginia in the U.S. Would love to visit your country some day!