Friday, August 10, 2012

A Heartfelt Day

As I mentioned in earlier posts, I attended the Melbourne Heartfelt Stampin' Event (previously called Regionals) last weekend. Around 350 SU demos and their guests were treated to a wonderful day full of inspiration and ideas - plus a couple of freebies! - and the chance to meet up and share the fun of stamping and crafting. There were lots of new products from the 2012-2013 Catalogue and the Holiday mini there for us to play with and some great classes that left my mind reeling with ideas and enthusiasm to come home and MAKE THINGS!

I was honoured to be asked to do a presentation of a tip, technique or wow. The format was to present repeatedly over a 2 1/2 hour period while people wandered by and - hopefully - stopped to look and ask questions. Although I had presented brayering last year at the Sydney regionals, I picked it again for Melbourne because people always comment that it is something they have trouble mastering and I love doing it and feel confident in demoing the technique.

SU generously supplied some brand spanking new product for me to use (playing with new things! happy dance!) and I am now allowed to share my samples with you. I chose to feature the five new in colours predominantly, with some existing colours thrown in too.


My first card uses summer starfruit, whisper white and basic black together with a new stamp set called Serene Silhouettes and a die cut shape from the Apothecary Accents die set. The brayered panel is raised on dimensionals.


Next is a card I cased from the Queen of brayering, Michelle Zindorf. I have long admired this card and as my SIL has the Zoo Review stamp set, I had the perfect opportunity to attempt it myself. I brayered with summer starfruit, calypso coral, pool party, island indigo and a touch of midnight muse. The lovely die cut shape is made with the Windows Framelits dies in the upcoming Holiday mini. The base card is midnight muse.


Not a lot of brayering in my next sample, but the idea was to show that it isn't just for sunsets and silhouette stamps, so I added a touch to this cheerful Christmas card. Gumball green, cherry cobbler and whisper white were my colours and I've used a new stamp set called Bells and Boughs. Framelits dies again, this time used to make a window and as a stencil for my brayering.



Next up a card with some sparkle. I brayered with summer starfruit, primrose petals and raspberry ripple and stamped with Serene Silhouettes again. Champagne shimmer mist covers the main panel, while my background has some shimmer too with irridescent ice embossing powder. Another die shape from Apothecary Accents.


And last but not least is the card is used for my demonstrations. A fun Halloween card with primrose petals, raspberry ripple and rich razzleberry in the sky; basic grey and basic black for the hills. Old faithful Lovely as a Tree makes an appearance with new set Wicked Cool and another die shape from Apothecary Accents.


I was lucky enough to meet up with some lovely demos from Melbourne and surrounds who helped make my day wonderfully fun and friendly - thanks Teresa, Kathryn, Susan and Evelyn - and I can thoroughly recommend the day if you have the opportunity of attending.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

9 comments:

Helen said...

Ooooh, can't wait to see what's in the new catties - love what you've done with all these cards, and think 'Spooky' might just be my favourite - great colours. Helen C

Monique said...

What a great set of projects you have made, I wish I had been at Melbourne Heartfelt event to see you in action. I think my favourite are the last two.
TFS

justkeepingbusy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! The techniques are just amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.

Lynda said...

kez...these are brilliant. I have serene Snetiments on my Wish list already...and you have just made it even moreso longed for. I live the 1st card...and the birdy one. Your brayering is magical. All of these cards are fab. Love the new framelits too. ooxx

Andrea said...

Hi Kez,
I love all your cards and cant wait to get the silhouette stamp set. Great use of the new framelits as well. Gives me some ideas of what to make with them. Im really looking forward to our Heartfelt event here in Perth so I can see other demo's in action.

Meg Crawford said...

You are definitely the Queen of Brayering, Kerry. Love the cards!

Anonymous said...

Kerry,
These cards are absolutely amazing. I love the halloween one, but they are all lovely.
Love Deb Young

Carole said...

Just beautiful!!! My upline is going to take a class from Michelle Z this fall.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Such a beautiful line up of in-colour projects. Thanks for linking up your Serene Silhouette Cards at still addINKtive this week.