Sunday, May 27, 2012

Swinging Birthday

Many thanks to all those who have enquired after my health. I took a turn for the worse on Friday when all the fluid hanging around my lungs got infected but thanks to the wonder of modern drugs, am now recovering.

Another swing card for you today as I did actually summon enough energy last week to get back into the craft room. I was going for something with a funkier look so chose this lovely paper from the Twitterpated series and teamed it with the Best of Everything set.



Cynthia asked for a tutorial on swing cards and I am happy to provide some links for the straight-cut rectangular type as follows:
  • Here is a link to a good video tutorial
  • Here is a link to a written tutorial 
  • Here is a pdf file with the measurements I used

As for the framelits shaped one like my sample above, there is a video tutorial here which is slightly different to mine, but it will give you the knowledge of how to cut the framelit shape. I hope you have lots of fun making these, they are great.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for showing your swing card, it looks fantastic. The tutorials will be a big help too, when I get around to trying this idea.

Anonymous said...

Excellent links and tutorial Kerry and love your card!

Lynda said...

Another fab and funky Schwing baby!!! I really must try one of these at some time. Perhaps for DH's b'day.
Glad to hear that ur slowly picking up health wise. Fingers crossed it continues. ooxx