Friday, April 6, 2012

Goodbye Teens

My elder daughter turns 20 today and leaves her childhood and teen years behind her. She's not too happy about it either! Gosh, I'm sure I was pleased to no longer be classified as a kid when I turned 20 - but then, I'm a dinosaur!

So here she is, embarking on adulthood and she is a kind, intelligent, witty, warm and wonderful person and naturally DH and I are the proudest of parents. She's in her third year of her English & Theatre degree and thinks she wants to be a dramaturg - I'll leave you to look that one up on Wikipedia! (It's always good to learn new things!)

Of course there was a card to be made! She's totally enamoured of red spotty things at the moment, so you can imagine how difficult it was for me to include some cherry cobbler polka dot paper on her card! (Did I see you just roll your eyes? LOL!) Other than that I kept it pretty simple as I wanted the wording to take centre stage.

Here tis:


I added some bling between the letters and a charm and hat pin to the ribbon knot, just for an extra touch of class! The letters are done with cherry cobbler embossing powder and the rest of the sentiment was done on the computer.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Letter It
  • card - cherry cobbler, very vanilla, Jolly Holly dsp (retired)
  • other - very vanilla seam binding, dimensionals, rhinestones
  • non SU - heart charm, hat pin, computer and printer, cherry cobbler embossing powder, heat tool

And of course it's Good Friday today too, so for those of you celebrating the holiday, Happy Easter.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Rob I said...

happy birthday dd20. So elegant the card. Hope she has a lovely day

Lynda said...

Kerry...this is so special. The letters def do take centre stage...LOVE it. Can't go wrong with Cobbler...can you?? ooxx