Friday, December 30, 2011

Second Poppy

Can you believe this is only the second time I have used 2010-2011 in colour Poppy Parade? I wanted to try out the gorgeous new Everyday Enchantment papers from the upcoming Sale-a-bration catalogue and I must say, this colour is now growing on me.

I love that the papers have a bit of a shabby look to them, so I've torn, distressed and sponged my papers to accentuate that and threaded some of the matching 1/8" organdy ribbon (also in SAB catty) around my border. I love the long tails on the ribbon and can't bear to cut them shorter, so I'm sticking with that length cos I think it adds to the charm!

Here's my card:


The colours in these papers are lucky limeade, pool party, peach parfait, calypso coral, poppy parade, very vanilla and soft suede - so a veritable feast of in colours to play with! I'm sure you're going to love it.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Field Flowers
  • card - poppy parade, pool party, very vanilla, Everyday Enchantment DSP
  • ink - calypso coral, poppy parade, lucky limeade, crumb cake
  • other - calypso coral organdy ribbon, dimensionals, distressing tool, sponge dauber
  • non SU - spellbinders lacey ovals die

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I must admit I have had also a somewhat on and off rel'ship with Poppy Parade too Kez, but not as quite as bad as yours!! I do like this stamp set more and more I see it. I am also intrigued as to the combos of stamps and other bits in SAB this coming year. Love the distressed nature of this card. ooxx