Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Geese Are Getting Fat

Well, if you hadn't caught up with the news yet (or have been studiously avoiding it in a mild state of panic and denial) - Christmas is getting close! There's no way we can put it off forever on the basis of "it can't be Christmas already" or "didn't we just have Easter?" So there's nothing for it but to embrace that hectic lead up to the Big Day and go all out with Christmas craft!

At home we always have a decorating theme and this year DD19 picked a colour combo of cherry cobbler, gold and white. I modified that slightly (because she was in a whole other state and I thought I was safe!) to make it a vintage Christmas theme with those colours predominating but others allowed too. I am the person making all the decorations, after all, LOL!

To start you off here's a little something made from the petal cone die:




After I had cut out my two petal cones I gold embossed them with the swirl from Creative Elements. Next I attached my striped papers to the flaps and then the pleated lace underneath. The stamped label is coloured with markers and the lovely chipboard poinsettia finishes it off. So far I meet DD19's criteria of plenty of cherry cobbler and gold plus I hope it looks suitably vintage!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Tags Till Christmas, Creative Elements
  • card - cherry cobbler, very vanilla, paper from Kaiser
  • other - decorative label punch, markers, dimensionals, Victorian lace, gold embossing powder, Big Shot, petal cone die, heat tool, chipboard poinsettia from Scrapmatts, gold brad, sticky strip, cherry cobbler brads

I hope you find time to make a start on your decorations too! Thanks for stopping by.


Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kez, love your first creation, definately think you have met the criteria (both DD19 and Vintage). Also love your new blog background - vintage all the way! Helen Cooke

Lynda said...

Oooooo....I can see this hanging proudly on a Chrissy tree filled with all kinds of delights Kerry!! The gold filigree ooks quite magical. DD19 will love it I am sure.
Speccy lil thing for you on my blog if you get a chance. ooxx