Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Smells So Good

DD19 is coming home tomorrow for Easter and as a special treat for us all DD12 decided to bake up a storm today! She is making my favourite NZ cookies - Ginger Crunch - plus DD19 and DH's favourite - Belgium Biscuits - as well as stewing some apples, so the place smells DIVINE right now! Mmmmmmmm, spices! ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice ..... wow, wish you could all be here to share this delightful aroma!

I thought I would make a card for DD19, just for fun, and wanted to use a sentiment from SU's Morning Cup set. My elder daughter is most definitely NOT a morning person and when she does have to (begrudgingly) get up for an early lecture (or to fly home!) she copes a whole lot better with a good cup of coffee inside her. Here's her card:


And of course DD12 deserved something special too for her baking efforts (she can't eat them herself), so I "whipped up" a very similar card for her:


I am such a lucky mum to have two gorgeous and wonderful daughters!

Non SU materials used: Martha Stewart punches, Kaiser giant pearl brads

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

5 comments:

DD19 said...

Thanks Mum, I really like the card I'll be receiving tomorrow :-) And they're my favourite colours as well... you just know me too well.

Lynda said...

I can imagine the smell Kerry....and Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....wish I was so there....for the aroma anyway!!! Love the cards you made for the gals. Wrapped that DD19 is coming up for Easter. We all share that coffee idiosynchratic desire...well most anyhow!!! great cards and I love the MS punches al always!! ooxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sorry haven't popped by recently ... but (as you probably know) my dad had a heart attack 2 weeks ago ... it is school holidays ... my son turned 13 yesterday ... and my eldest daughter is in labour as I type! I am excited about my 1st grandchild ... but it is a long hard labour and I am a bit distracted.
Oooh Kez! These are soooo cute! I am so having withdrawals ... apart from a b'day card for Sandy (13 yesterday) ... and a blue & pink baby card for Stacey ... I just haven't had time for stamping. And ... I have missed visiting all my wonderfully inspirational friends.
Hugs xxaxx

Angie Brown said...

Love your fresh colours :) simple yet pretty

Carla said...

Oh what a heavenly smell!!! My house will smell like that on Sunday... big dinner, lots of family! *smile* Your daughters sound wonderful as is the cards you created for them. So special!!! Hugs,