Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boys And Their Toys

We all know how difficult it is to make a card for the blokes in our lives! Luckily SU's new mini catalogue contains not one but two great masculine a la carte stamps, making it not only easier but also inexpensive to make fabulous cards for our menfolk.

This month's Sunday class are making masculine birthday cards and I've used the new Motorcycle and Sail Away stamps, both of which - as luck would have it - are just perfect for my DH!

My first card is cased from Mary Brown with little changes to her fabulous card - hey, when it ain't broke, don't try to fix it! Pumpkin pie, marina mist, not quite navy and sahara sand are the colours.


Next up I cased Dawn Olchefske who used multiple stamping to show movement on her card. I thought this technique was awesome and it's actually very easy to do. More mustard, cajun craze and not quite navy were my accent colours for this one.


And last but not least one to appeal to the younger man. Lots of Bots is a great stand by for boys and DH's like mine who are in to things mechanical! This one is again cased (I know, bad case of mojonogo!!!), this time from Jen Sannes and I added in the spotlighted piece.


Hope you like them. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

7 comments:

Juliette Chapman said...

Kez - I love the motorcycle card - it is gorgeous. I have not yet inked mine up but hope to over the weekend.

Carla said...

Oh Kez, these are awesome! Masculine cards are so difficult for me. Especially love the colors of the sailboat! Hugs,

Susan Joyce said...

Hi Kez,
Love all of your male cards, they are just fabulous.

Patrice said...

Great line up! Love all of your male cards, particularly the Sail Away - the colours really grabbed me.

Kathryn Brennan said...

They are all fantastic. The sailing boat is particularly pleasing on the eye! Thanks for showing them.

annie said...

Wow love them all, motorbike one is really effective.

Lynda said...

Kerry....you have smashed these male cards outa the park darl. So very well done. The colours in the sailboat are FABBO and I love the motorbile card with the texture. I am about to crack open bots again soon...found sone great DP at Riot for 29c!!!! The colours in the bots are v v earthy. Well done darl'n. ooxx