Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Ones That John West Rejects

Everyone knows the advert for John West salmon, right? Today's card began with the main image panel, which I had rejected from another project I was working on. It wasn't right for what I wanted, but I couldn't just bin it, so eventually it became a card.


I tried the colour combo of old olive, cherry cobbler (heart!) and peach parfait and I quite like it. The sentiment is from Word Play and the flowers are of course that GORJUS set Just Believe. As I wanted the main panel to be the focus, I used simple patterned paper behind it (peach parfait) and added some PP ribbon and cherry cobbler (heart!) buttons! Ooooooo, purty! Couldn't decide if the card base needed something and if so, what, so just left it plain with sponged edges and overall I'm reasonably happy with the finished product. Poor little John West reject! LOL!

Hope you're having a great long weekend and have remembered to put your clocks forward!

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh Kez, I think a diamond has been made from the rough of another project. I love it!! You are right abt the colour combo...it rocks and the sentiment reflects the lenghts taken to achieve the card!!! (How's that for a tie in...hee hee hee?) The card is beautiful and th PP freshens it nicely. I have some CC to play with today (hopefully). Well done!! ooxx

Monica said...

This card is sooo... elegant. I love the sentiment and the buttons.
xxx Monica

Paula Fuller said...

This is gorgeous. I love the sentiment and that stamp set is a must have...as soon as I can afford it!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

How clever to re-cycle a reject! This is very pretty! Hugs xxaxx