Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Creative Opportunity

I am sure you all know the saying, "A mistake is just a creative opportunity". Well, earlier this week I showed you a card that was to be for my beginners SAS class tomorrow. However - and yes, it's a doozie of a "however"! - when I sat down to cut materials today I found that I didn't have enough cardstock in either of the greens! I think I will blame having been so distracted by my order from the new catty arriving and the excitement of so many new things to play with! Yup, that's my story!

So anyways, what's a girl to do? No time to borrow more and no time to design a whole new card, so I'll just have to adapt. So I re-created my card using Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery, plus added an extra layer of white, and you know what? I like the "mark II" version better!

Here are the two versions:



So I'm thinking this colour renovation business has got some merit I didn't foresee ... LOL!

And completely off topic, I am very pleased and proud to announce that DD12's netball team WON their Grand Final match this morning! Yay! Go team! Woot!

That's all from me.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Congrats to DD12 on her barnstorming win!!! I am so v v wrapped for her (and you all!!) Mark II is nice, but sorry darl...I like the original a tad better (I like the richer tones) altho IRL I am sure it shines. Next time I have one of those colour 'moments" I know who to call on!! ooxx