Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Satin Wings

I couldn't help it.
I just had to do some more butterflies. There's something about flowers and butterflies, isn't there? So serene. Mother Nature is truly amazing.

First up I cased a lovely card by Kirsty Brown but changed the colours completely and added in All A Flutter. I wanted to use this colour combo before these colours are gone forever ... sniff! (It's OK. I'll be alright. Ta.) This is blush blossom, cameo coral and ruby red, with a touch of choc chip.


Then I just had to use Upsy Daisy to pair with AAF. In spite of all kinds of different ideas popping in my head, I fell back to my all time fav, brayering. Just love the effects you can make with this little rubber roller! Here I have used the colours from the JAI challenge a couple of weeks back, just for something a little different - taken with teal, elegant eggplant and melon mambo. Very vibrant..


There is a song about butterflies and love and I always think of it when I use this stamp, so I thought I'd try a wedding/engagement/anniversary card. I stuck with classic black and white and added kraft, soon to be renamed Cookie Crumb! and added the gorgeous medallion in the background.


Well, that's my butterfly obsession for today! Thanks for calling in.

 
Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

They are all gorgeous and love that butterfly!!!
xx

Lynda said...

I must drag my b'fly out...tho not an SU one. You are a v v bad influence Kez...cause now I am tossing up getting IBN!!! AARRRGGGHHH!!! I now have a brayer, but it remains neglected and unused. On the upside...seeing things like the daisy card makes me wanna get it out!!! :) The kreaft, b/w card is class all the way. LURVE the verse. Brilliant cards!! ooxx

Teneale said...

Kerry I am totally casing you on that last card, it is AMAZING!