Thursday, June 10, 2010

Celebrating Cupcakes

I wanted to try something a little different with my Lana ladies class, so decided to make an Explosion Box, just a simple one - don't want to totally freak them out, LOL! (Hi gals!) I chose cupcakes as the theme cos, well let's face it, who doesn't love cupcakes? Plus I have a stamp set and a template for cupcakes, so hey, that was a no-brainer! And I likes them no brainers, LOL!

So here's the outside of the box, a simple 7 cm square. I used the adorable Tea Party papers (how perfect is that name, he he!) and the cupcake stamp from Party Hearty.


The sentiment on the top is from Sweet Little Sentiments, which if my memory serves me correctly (which it doesn't always these days, sigh!) is a hostess set.


Then you open up the box to find ....


... a 3D cupcake! This is made from a template by Hot Off The Press and I got it at my LSS. How cute is that?


Topped off with a flower from the Boho Blossoms punch and a brad to match, all completely fat free!

During the week I was honoured to receive the Swap Sisters Bonny Blog Award from Olga. Many thanks for the award Olga! You can check out the lovely work that Olga does here. The conditions of the award are:

1: Put the Swap Sisters Bonny Blog Award on your blog and/or within your post.
2: Share 5 things about yourself.
3: Pass the award onto 5 other Bonny Blogs.
4: Put links in your post of your 5 chosen Bonny Blog Winners.
5: Let them know they have been chosen to win the Swap Sisters Bonny Blog Award by leaving a comment on their blog.
6: PAY IT FORWARD and link the person from whom you received the Swap Sisters Bonny Blog Award.

So, here goes with 5 things about myself:
  1. I was nearly born in a car, as my parents got a flat tyre on the way to the hospital to have me and my poor dad had his MIL in the back seat!
  2. The only nuts I like are salted peanuts and cashews
  3. I am very long sighted
  4. I've been on TV twice
  5. I love trivia, attend trivia nights once a month and have even run a trivia night fundraiser for juvenile diabetes
Now, to nominate 5 people for this award (in no particular order):
  1. Liam Pucher (always amazing me with her talent for 3D creations)
  2. Teneale Williams (who has influenced my own creative journey enormously and whose work I 99.9% adore)
  3. Andrea Buckland (a lovely lady who creates simply beautiful things)
  4. Robyn Irving (who, although she hasn't posted in WAY too long, is very creative and makes gorgeous projects)
  5. Tui Nathan (fellow ex-pat Kiwi and talented crafter)
Do pop on over to their wonderful blogs and be inspired by these talented ladies.

Well, that's it from me! Hope you are having a terrific day; thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

5 comments:

Shandell said...

What a cute idea!! I love the idea of using a 3D cupcake inside the box!

Liam said...

Thanks so much for the award I will post on my blog soon. I love your cupcake it is truly amazing. I am so glad you managed to work it out. Love the box it comes in. Fantastic job.

Liam

Lynda said...

Kez....ur LSS is sooooooooo much better and well sticked than mine!!! I went looking for small drawer handles...NUP...and I certainly would not have stumbled across something like this TOTALLY cute cupcake!!! The Lana Lasses will go nuts for it!! It is awesome. Brilliant project!! Congrats on the award too. I have just had it bestowed upon me...and guess I now can't pay it fwd to you...boo hoo!! :( ooxx

Susan Joyce said...

Love your cupcake box Kez, makes a fabulous surprise inside the box.

Teneale said...

Thanks Kez :) Your the sweetest.

Teneale