Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Completely Altruistic

With the end of daylight savings on Sunday, I was up early in the morning. As I didn't want to disturb the household, I used the time to have a play with some new stamps - completely out of consideration for others, of course, not because I'm obsessed with stamping or anything ...

So I made a couple of cards using the adorable new set from the Autumn mini, Lots of Bots. Now, I don't have any boys (well, apart from DH LOL!) but I just had to get this set because (a) it's so darn cute! and (b) I'm sure plenty of my customers with sons and grandsons will love to make some cards with it.

First up is the little Bot that looks very similar to Wall-E and I've used some paper from the Patterns II pack (level 1 hostess). The binary code stamp I did freehand and can't believe I got it so straight and even - unheard of!!!

I used masculine colours kiwi kiss, tangerine tango and night of navy for this next birthday card and cased the layout from jaydeestamping. A bit fiddly cutting out, I have to admit, but I love the effect.

That's it for today! Back soon with another card or two (hopefully).

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Juliette Chapman said...

Kerry - too cute. I love this set and although I don't have any boys I do have heaps of nephews and of course with DD5 in Kindy there are already invites to class birthday parties from boys.

Paula Fuller said...

I love this set, and it is at the top of my wish list. Love what you have done.

Lynda said...

Kez I love BOTH of these cards and rec'd this set (as a v v late) Chrissy pressie fm my bestie. Like you I must beat the crowd one AM so that it does not take me 3 days to do 1 card!!! AARGGGGHH. I love this set so much (as does 9yo boy) so it will get a lot of (ab)use!! Thanks for sharing such fab inspiration. ooxx

Lisa said...

Oh my - cutting out your robots - would have been tedious - but they look great! :)