Thursday, March 18, 2010

Off With Her Head!

DD11 has a birthday party to attend at the weekend and she asked me to make a card. My brief was that the BG likes pink and purple and the theme for the party is Alice in Wonderland. Hmmmm ............. wasn't the cheshire cat purple and pink ? Not really 12 yo girl material I 'spose! Alice wore blue and white, so that didn't help and anyway I don't have any stamps that suit Alice ....
So, I was browsing my stamp collection (no, it didn't really take that long!) and the only thing to inspire me was butterflies. Every 12 yo girl likes butterflies, doesn't she? And in the book the caterpillar turns into a butterfly ... so although a tenuous connection at best, butterflies it is! And as I was given carte blanche for pink and purple, I used the two new colours.

Created by Kez. Stamped images copyright Stampin' Up!
Hope the birthday girl likes it.
Materials used:
  • stamps - butterfly prints, oval all
  • card - rich razzleberry, melon mambo, whisper white
  • inks - rich razzleberry, melon mambo
  • ribbon - melon mambo polka dot grosgrain
  • punch es - butterfly, large oval, scallop oval
  • other - dimensionals
  • non SU - adhesive pearls, embossing folder
I have been very busy on other projects too, but can't show you those just yet. Some are for my class next week which is a surprise for my ladies and some are for the Stampers Anonymous Autumn/Winter Mini Blog Hop (what a mouthful!!!!!) so all will be revealed in due course ...! I hope you will be able to join myself and my team mates for the Blog Hop on March 31st at 9.00 pm (see the blinkie top right of my blog) when we will have so many gorgeous and inspirational projects to show you that your head will spin (and that will make the Queen of Hearts very happy!)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Indeed snaps to you with the b'flies Kez...LOL. These 2 colours look so very good together. I was not gunna consider Melon Mambo, but seeing with the RR and WW...I actually like it...takes the intensity away a bit. I love this set (as you have seen) and I think the card is perfect fot the occasion!! ooxx PS hope u r feeling MUCH better!!

Teneale Williams said...

Love this. Great colour combo.

Amber said...

Beautiful card.

Karyn Schultz said...

I love how you have used this gorgeous butterfly stamp and punch! the colours are so girlie!