Sunday, November 15, 2009

SU Colours My World

I don't think I am the only demo (at least, I sure HOPE I'm not!) who sees many colours by their Stampin' Up! name. For example, I have a couple of tops that are dead ringers for Cameo Coral and Tangerine Tango; I saw a cushion in a store I immediately thought of as Kiwi Kiss; and I once admired a skirt that to me was Chocolate Chip, Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise. DD11 and I have even nicknamed one of her teachers Mrs (Purely) Pomegranate!

Yesterday the girls and I were re-watching (for the umpteeth time!) an episode of The Vicar of Dibley, one of our fav comedies. It was the one where the Vic, Geraldine, falls in love with Harry the accountant, played by the totally cute Richard Armitage (so who could blame her?). Because of various disasters caused by the usual suspects, Geraldine ends up getting married wearing some pyjamas that are white background with large red roses, and my immediate thought was that they looked just like one of the papers from the Bella Rose DSP!!! Now, my mind could have been influenced by the fact that I have been using said papers to make my swaps for our Regional Training next weekend, but whatever the reason, this morning I rose extra early (couldn't sleep - too much caffeine yesterday, so serves me right!) and made a card using, yes, you guessed it, those papers from Bella Rose!

Here's my second Bella Rose easel card, this time teamed up with matching stamp set A Rose Is A Rose:
Created by Kez. Stamped images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

Thanks for dropping in. Have a great day and watch out for those SU colours out there!

Cheers
Kez

7 comments:

Emily said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kez!

Christine Henderson said...

Beautiful card...I love the Bella Rose DSP...will be so sad when it's no longer available! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation.

Cheryl said...

Stunning Kez,I love these easel cards!!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kez
I too am a SU demo and have been checking out your lovely creations for some time now! I just have to let you know that I am soooo like you and see SU colours/patterns everywhere!!!!! My 10 year old daughter is also getting to be like us! Wonderfully sad isn't it? Thanks for making me feel "normal" as I thought I was the only strange person seeing SU colours all around! thanks Michelle S

Bec said...

Oh Kerry, these are so wonderful. Bec xx

Anonymous said...

Love it. It is just devine you can't go wrong with this stamp set.

liam

Lynda said...

Thank goodness I am not the only one with that colour affliction...and I'm not even a DEMO!!! Kez, this card is elegant and majestic...simply beautiful!! Magnificent job with all of it. This set is still on my wish list and the more I see u use it...the further up it moves...LOL!!! BTW...go the Vicar. The Poms know their giggles!!