Thursday, September 10, 2009

Magnolia Recipe

It's been a while since I did a Magnolia challenge and Magnolia Down Under have a recipe for their current challenge: 1 flower; 2 ribbons; 3 brads and 4 papers. It sounded like lots of fun - and I was right! it was! - so here's my entry:

Materials used:

Stampin' Up! materials -

  • card & paper - Riding Hood Red and Whisper White card; Washington Apple DSP; So Saffron patterns paper
  • inks - pumpkin pie, riding hood red, bashful blue, not quite navy, blush blossom, so saffron, creamy caramel, certainly celery, brocade blue
  • ribbon - so saffron grosgrain (from September promotion ribbon bundle) and riding hood red taffeta
  • brads - real red brads, kiwi kiss corduroy brad
  • other - dimensionals, aqua painter, watercolour paper, sponge daubers

Non SU materials -

  • Magnolia stamps - Tilda with jeans and hair bow, baseball Edwin
  • flowers (from stash)
  • nestabilities Labels 2 die
  • Big Shot die cutting machine
  • cuttlebug embossing folder Swiss Dots

With all those things on the card I had no room left for a sentiment! I'll have to put that on the inside, LOL! Thanks for dropping by, enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers

Kez

7 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous job with the recipe Kez - two of my fave Magnolias and some wonderful papers and embossing! Great job!
Thanx for playing aong this week at MDUC - it's great to see you back!
xXx

Lynda said...

Dunno why, but this card reminds me of my 2 kids after they have been caught red-handed!! LOL!!! It's a great fun card Kez and I love the colour combo. Fresh and funky. It's a winner...in my book anyhow!!

Sue said...

Kez, love that you combined the two Magnolia kids on one card. Great color combo and coloring of the images. Thanks for joining in the challenge at MDU and hope you can come back next challenge.

Norma said...

Kez, this is gorgeous. Wonderful colour scheme and layout. Beautifully coloured. Great job on the card.
Thanks for joining us at MDUC.

Hugs.
Norma

Kellie said...

Love that you have used not one but two Magnolia's! Gorgeous card, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge.
Xx

MDUC Site Owner.

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love your card Kez - Tilda and Edwin are so cute! I like the way you've matched the flower to the DS papers and your layout is great. You've done a wonderful job with our challenge - thanks so much for joining in the fun.

Karyn I said...

what a lovely card. I just love the magnolia stamps!