Thursday, June 4, 2009

Birthday fishes

Ever since we made one at stamp camp, I've been wanting to do a "gel card" using my favourite water buddies, the now retired Fishy Friends. I've been waiting for the arrival of a sea floor background stamp I ordered and it finally came on Tuesday, just in time! DD-turns-11-tomorrow dropped a few hints about wanting a "gel card" for her birthday, so yesterday I got busy. I brayered the ocean background first on one piece of whisper white, stamped the sea floor on another piece and added it over the top. Then the two little fish were raised with dimensionals. Here tis:

Created by Kez. Some stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

I had some trouble with the gel bag, though, as the first one I used burst on me and I had a wet, sticky mess everywhere! Luckily it didn't affect the picture, or I would have had to start all over again! I kinda like this one, I gotta say, so I'm glad it's staying in the family!!! LOL!

Thanks for swimming by! Have a good one!

Cheers
Kez

6 comments:

Karen.C said...

Very Impressive Kerry I like it a lot,love the colours and that gel bag is amazing I.ve never heard of them before.
Karen

Bec said...

OH WOW Kerry.. This looks amazing.. Bec xx

LINDA said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!I just love everything about this card..Very Lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry,
I love this I've only just recently seen a gel card and was very tempted to drop everything and do one and this has me even more determined! SO cute!

Lorna Casha said...

Love it Kerry. It's so cute. Very clever.

anne (lana lady member) said...

When can we make one of those. It is sooo cute.