Tuesday, April 28, 2009

May is for Male

Having just gotten over all the female friends and family having birthdays in April, now I'm faced with five male birthdays for early May! Yes, five!!! And all really close together! We all know how challenging it is to create male cards, so as you can imagine, I started off feeling a little daunted at the thought of five!

Had a good look through all the sets I have that could be used, browsed my stash of DSP for masculine colours, and came up with a bunch of cards that I'll choose from and keep the rest in stock. Here are the first three. You'll find the layout similar in some of them - I follow the Keep It Simple rule (just like blokes, LOL!!!).

I started with Chef Henri, the little fat chef:

Created by Kez. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

Supplies used:

  • stamps - Voila and Voila a la carte
  • papers - Apple Cider DSP (retired), close to cocoa and whisper white cardstock
  • other - dimensionals, Big Shot and nestabilities, wild wasabi double stitched ribbon, watercolour crayons, aquapainter
Next came some tools, a good bloke standby!

Created by Kez. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

Supplies used:

  • stamps - For Father (retired)
  • paper & card - basic grey, baja breeze and whisper white cardstock, basic grey patterns DSP (hostess set)
  • other - "screw" type brads (stash)

I had a play with a new set and some puff paint - fun, fun, fun! I also put crystal effects over all of the beer glass to make it shine like glass (but you can't tell that in the photo). I don't have a stamp reverser, so drew the reverse image by hand after cutting out the shape - hence the crooked lines!

Created by Kez. Stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

Supplies used:

  • stamps - Cheers to you
  • card & paper - Windsor Knot DSP, sage shadow and whisper white cardstock
  • other - dimensionals, chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, crystal effects, puff paint

Hope they help if you are in need of inspiration for male cards too! I'll have some more tomorrow.

Cheers

Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Hey Kez. Great cards (as if they wouldn't be...LOL) Have you seen the trick to reversing stamps with acetate....it was done on Dawn Griffiths blog...I will hunt it out and send the link to you.